22 July 2010

Alternate, Unreleased SatAM Theme Songs

I found these unreleased alternate title themes for SatAM Sonic over at Saturday Morning Sonic and I wanted to share them here so that more people could hear them.

I've set them to the footage from the normal title theme, just so you'll have something to look at while listening.

For more info and MP3 downloads, go here.

Thanks to Michael Tavera for donating these to the Sonic Community!

Note: The titles are of my own device, because none were listed.

"Seriously mondo". That is all. =P

Lyrics:

Sonic hits the ground, feet spinnin' around
Nobody can rocket as fast as he can

Supersonic guy, Sally by his side
Freedom Fighters, too - he's a Sonic hedgehog!

When Robotnik tries to catch him
Sonic just turns on his speed

Juice it to the top, never gonna stop
Way past cool - he's a Sonic hedgehog!

Sonic's havin' fun, Robotnik's on the run
Seriously mondo - a Sonic hedgehog!

Nobody can stop Sonic the Hedgehog!

This one's sung from Sonic's PoV, and the voice actually sort of fits him. I prefer it to the guy they got for Sonic Underground's music vids, at least. (shudder)

Lyrics:

Ah, yeah, yeah!

Gotta rocket, gotta juice it
I'm hypersonic, ultra-cool

Gotta blast off, gotta move it
I'm burnin' way past cool

Technotronic Freedom Fighter
Ultraphonic super-cool

I got talents, way amazing
I ain't nobody's fool

Gotta rocket, gotta juice it
I'm hypersonic, ultra-cool

Gotta blast off, keep on movin'
Keep on burnin' way past cool

You know I'm burnin' way past cool!

I think this one's my least favourite.

At around 0:20 the singer sounds like Weird Al. =)

The lyrics on this one are just about as ass as it's possible to get, but I do like the reference to "Final Zone".

Lyrics:

Listen, everybody
Gonna have a party
I'm the baddest dude around

Brother, let's get started
It's an all night, alright,
Super Sonic Jam!

Don't you know there's nobody faster
Baby, I'm the real master blaster
Goin' all the way to the final zone

Talking hotshot, too rad, I'm bad to the bone

Listen, everybody
Gonna have a party
I'm the baddest dude around

Brother, let's get started
We're Super Sonic Jammin' tonight

Super Sonic - Super Sonic Jam!

This is an alternate version of "Super Sonic Jam" that makes the music sound even more "surfy". Ugh.

This one matches the best with the footage (especially at the beginning). I wonder if the footage was final when this one was written?

This one is my personal favourite; it reminds me a little of the Sonic CD Japan soundtrack.

Lyrics:

Go, supersonic, way past the limit
Cruise supersonic speed, yeah
Faster and faster, supersonic speed

Zoomin' every place, never gonna lose the race
Come on, let's juice it, yeah

Blazin' through the air
You see, there's nothing to it

Sonic speed, no one can match it
Totally no one can catch it

Look out, everybody, here we go!

Go, supersonic, way past the limit
Cruise supersonic speed, yeah
Faster and faster, supersonic speed

Supersonic!

P.S. I think it's hilarious that YouTube chose Sally for the thumbnail frames, when SatAM detractors are always complaining that it's just the "Sally Acorn Show". =P

No comments:

Post a Comment